Monday, June 25, 2012

Bye-Bye, Binky!


We won't have any more pictures like this!
There is no greater love than that between Averie and her binky.  Or should I say, was. She has taken a pacifier since night one in the hospital and if you've seen the pictures I post of her, I'm sure you've noticed the ever-present binky leash clipped to her shirt.

But Saturday morning, after the ride home from her Little Gym class, Averie voluntarily handed over her pacifier.  Chris and I have lost count of the number of times we’ve tried and the number of plans we’ve come up with to wean her from it, so we silently jumped for joy and put it up out of sight to avoid temptation.

To our surprise, she only asked for her "beeeee" a few times during the remainder of the day and when we distracted her or told her she didn’t need it, that was it. 

We were dreading putting her to bed without it, but again, after tons (TONS) of reassurance, and tucking her in with all five of her bunnies, she drifted off without the binky, and slept all night without a peep!  One nap and one more bedtime later, I think it’s safe to say she is officially weaned off the pacifier!

This is one baby phase that I'm not sad to see go, but  it’s just another sign that my baby girl is growing up into a little girl!  I'm so proud of her for doing it by herself!

No comments: