Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Averie Update and Pictures

A few weeks ago, Averie climbed out of her crib (well, not quite all the way -- fortunately, we were there to stop her from falling out on her head). She's done this before but there was always another notch on the crib to lower the mattress. Not so this time! We were faced with a relatively un-childproofed room (living room = playroom, so her room is really just for sleeping) and I really wanted to make her new bed special, but her safety came first.

Chris, genius that he is, decided to take the mattress off the platform in the crib altogether, put the mattress on the floor and set the crib up around the mattress like a fence. Voila! -- a safe, albeit temporary, solution! I definitely see a big girl bed in her future, once we have some disposable income. And add a video monitor to the list, too, so I can spy on the naughty little munchkin(s)! :D

It's been awhile since I shared some pictures so here are some of my favorites.


I climb this furniture all day long!


The end result when a 15-month-old feeds herself noodles with red sauce for the first time :)


Mmm, bath water....

Daddy's goatee tickles!


"Moooom, can't you see I'm on the phone??"

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I am SOOOO sorry that she figured it out already! Jace was the same age and it is so scary to transition to the big boy/girl bed. Just an idea...until you can get a bed, putting a mattress on the floor will be safe and can help you get a start on transistioning...when you are ready.

Kristyn said...

Sadly, my two and a half year old looks exactly the same after eating pasta. The moment your child begins to feed themselves you wish that they would just let you do it.