Thursday, March 10, 2011

One of those days

It’s been a long weekmonthyear… 7 months.


Can't believe it's been 7 months since Chris lost his job.


These months have been.........long. Enjoyable. Want-to-pull-my-hair-out. Productive (really, our house has never been so organized!). Frustrating. Filled with blessings. LONG.


100% of the time, I am glad that Chris is no longer at Convergys. He was so unhappy there, and when Chris is sad, I am sad, too. (Corny, maybe, but true, nonetheless). I only wish that the unhappiness of working at a crappy company with a lot of crappy people (there were a few bright spots, but not many, as I recall) hadn't been replaced by the unhappiness that overshadows our lives now.


Most days (almost all the days since this started), I know the job is out there for Chris. Most days, I can be satisfied knowing that the Lord has His reasons for why we haven't found the job (or it hasn't found us) just yet.


Most days, I recall the story of Job that has come to my mind so many times and I'm able to tell myself that surely it must mean that when Chris finds the job, it will be everything the Lord knows we need, everything we have hoped and prayed for and this trial won't be for naught and I will come out a better, more faithful person for it.


But every now and then, in creeps a day where all I can pray for is that life will go back to normal - soon! - because I don't think I can do this much longer. Today is one of those days.

2 comments:

althnmore said...

that's when you lean on friends and let lose all your rants! That's what we are here for or at least me! *HUGS*

Bart and Melodie said...

We are sorry that you are having a hard time... Thats from that conference talk by Elder Cook a few years back. When you are past this time, you will be able to look back and see all the lessons you learned, and how it really was for your good. But for now, you just need to keep plugging away. Lean on your family, friends and your Heavenly Father. Soon things will be back to normal, and you will have a great talk to give in Sacrament meeting about your experiences!! Take care! Say hi to your family!!