Thursday, June 23, 2011

A job!

It's definitely not the one I thought it would be.  Not the one I thought our family deserved after a 10-month struggle.  But it's a job nonetheless.


I should be jumping for joy, but instead I feel like I'm trying to find the silver lining in a bad situation.  I'm happy and grateful for a job.  I think that's all I can say right now.

LATER TODAY:
I'm feeling better about this now.  The company Chris is going to be working for is a great, family-oriented company.  The benefits are really good and Chris will have a company laptop, and possibly even a phone (or our current bill will be subsidized by them).  It's a lot more great things than he had at Convergys -- a shorter commute than some of his options in Salt Lake, and lots of potential for growth -- even if it's not as great as some of his other prospects had been.  However, I need to be grateful for what we do have. 

Ultimately, I know the Lord's hand is in this decision and even if I can't understand why this is the right job for us right now, I know He knows it's the right thing for us and has put this position in our path for a reason.  I look forward to getting back on our feet and realizing that my spiritual self has been strengthened through this difficult time.

1 comment:

althnmore said...

yay for ajob! i'm so excited for you!!!