Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Happy Anniversary!

Is it possible that it’s already been eight years?  That we've gone from this:
We were so young!
To this?

This year, we gave ourselves something that cannot be bought in stores, but was still the most we have spent (which is saying something since we have celebrated previous years with vacations and jewelry)!  This year, our gift to each other was an extra, extra-large payment to our debt.  Reaching our goal of debt-free sooner will be the best gift of all.   

Before I met Chris, I always thought that the whirlwind relationships and marriages so common in Utah were a little naive.  How could one get to know another well enough in that time to commit for time and eternity?  Well, the Lord has a funny way of showing you that He is always the one in charge since that is exactly how Chris’ and my relationship played out.  We dated for such a short time before Chris proposed, but when you know, you know!

Even though we have had our ups and downs (and believe me, there have been plenty of downs!), I have never doubted my decision to choose Chris.  He shows me everyday how he values our children and me by working tirelessly both in- and outside the home.  He is a hopeless romantic and handyman rolled into one.  My spider-killing, toenail-painting, car-repairing, button-sewing hero.

How did I get so lucky?  Of course, Chris will argue that he got the better half.  And if that’s all we can find to argue about over the next 8, 18 and 80 years, I suppose we’ll both have to count ourselves lucky. 

1 comment:

althnmore said...

you guys are amazing! I'm so happy to know you! You've been a great inspiratin in our hard times. And always great friends happy late anniversary guys :)