Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A trip to California

My grandma, "Granny", on my Dad's side passed away on February 26th from liver cancer. We were lucky that we were able to get away and go down to California for her funeral. It was a beautiful service and she will certainly be missed. I wish she had been able to meet Averie in person but I know she is happier now with my Grandpa Purdy, who passed away when I was just a baby myself.

Granny on her 90th birthday (a picture of a picture so it's a bit fuzzy):

Averie and I at the viewing (with my mom in the background - obviously not aware of the camera):

The trip to the funeral also was Averie's first trip on a plane. She did great. Had no problems specific to the takeoff or landing, except fussiness that was more related to her not getting as much sleep as she normally does, due to all the hubbub with getting to the airport on time and then all the happenings on the day of the funeral. And because I'm a terrible mommy, the only pictures I have of her the whole time we were in California was one, the above picture, then one on the airplane and one in the Long Beach airport! Here they are anyway though :)

Hopefully, we'll have the chance to go back to visit California on happier terms soon (and this mommy will remember to take more pictures!).

No comments: