Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A "real" Mother's Day post

I'd been holding onto this post while I waited for a picture I wanted to put up with it. So here goes :).

Sunday was my first "real" Mother's Day. I was pregnant last year on the holiday and Chris did give me a card and a gift but this was the first year that I was an "official" mother. I woke up to Chris cooking French toast and bacon for breakfast! Mmm, it was good. He also gave me some flowers and a small box of chocolate (as if I need more chocolate, haha). But my best present came on Monday:
A beautiful new jogging stroller! I'd been wanting one for a little while so I could start exercising with Averie once I realized that our travel system stroller wasn't cutting it on the apparently rather uneven sidewalks around the neighborhood. Chris, Averie and I are planning on enjoying some long walks in the very near future :).

Later that day, we visited my parents' house and were able to talk to my sister, Susan, on the phone who is on her mission in New York. We're able to e-mail with her but it was still nice to talk to her again. Dad made homemade chicken cordon bleu with strawberry shortcake for dessert - he is such a great cook!

Grams (my mom's mom) is 93 and I had been wanting to get a picture of the four of us while I still could, and what better day for such a picture than Mother's Day!
Four generations of women

Overall, it was a wonderful day and I'm looking forward to celebrating many more Mother's Days with my husband and children (present and future)!

No comments: