Monday, May 17, 2010

Shopping deals

Between all the Huggies coupons out there (coupon roundup here) the last few days, we have seriously stocked up on wipes (diapers, too - we shouldn't need to buy more diapers until Averie's 1st birthday!). Here's the result of a Target run:
I don't have my receipt in front of me but it was all less than $25! I used the $2 off Huggies coupons (I had 4 coupons left since I had used a couple of them at Babies R Us but it was enough to get 2 refills and 6 tubs). I used B1G1 coupons and a B3G1 Target coupon on the Nabisco 100 calorie packs so I got 4 boxes for the price of one! Also used a B3G1 Target coupon and 2 $1 manufacturer's coupons on the crackers to score a great deal on those. And then a lone stick of deodorant for $0.49 after coupons :).

SMITH'S
Smith's is having double coupon days through tomorrow where every coupon is a $1 (coupons over $1 are taken at face value). It was a great way for me to use up those pesky 30-40 cent coupons that hardly seem worth it. The best deals I got were mustard for 25 cents and ketchup for 50 cents, a boatload of free candy and snacks, and almost free Sunny D (I don't think we've bought this since we got married but for nearly free, I'll take it!).

I also took advantage of a deal they were doing on Huggies and got a pack of diapers and a pack of swim diapers (which are not cheap!) for less than $9! If you are going to do that one, make sure you bring the Smith's page from the coupon insert - it wasn't ringing up correctly and they had to manually correct it.

All in all, my total would have been almost $100 - and I only spent $34 (including diapers)!

And now I better stop buying diapers and wipes - I don't think Averie's closet will hold any more!
Just in case you're wondering - that's over 900 diapers and over 2,000 wipes in one whole side of a walk-in closet.
...
Oh, just found 2 more refill bags - make that 2,500 wipes!

No comments: