Monday, June 7, 2010

Crash!

On Saturday morning, we were on our way to a family function in Salt Lake. As we turned off of our road onto Center Street to head to the freeway, another driver turned left out in front of us. There was definitely not enough time to stop and...
Ours is the white car. Chris and Averie were unharmed, thank goodness. Even though I was wearing my seat belt, I slid forward on the leather and banged my knee on the glove box. I also got my first ride in an ambulance that day (obviously nothing life threatening but had no other way to get to the hospital).
It's very swollen and very bruised but otherwise okay.

We have to throw out Averie's infant carrier seat (not safe to use after it's been in a crash) but the insurance will pay for a new one so I guess the silver lining is we'll have a shiny new car seat for our next baby!

It's inconvenient to be without our second car - neither of us likes Averie and me being here without any transportation - but hopefully the repairs don't take long and we'll have our other car back in no time.

1 comment:

Jolena said...

scary! I'm glad you guys are alright!