Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Smith's Double Coupon Days

It's been awhile since my last coupon post and I definitely wanted to share this one.

Smith's is making all coupons $1.00 again! So a $0.20 coupon is now a $1, $0.50 is now a $1 and so on. Last time they did this, it made for some super cheap ketchup and mustard, and I bought a few more to add to my stockpile (who can turn down 25 cent ketchup?)! Here's my haul from today:
I spent $22.55 and saved $54 (71% savings!).

Items I'm most proud of (besides the aforementioned ketchup) - three 5-pound bags of sugar plus 30 packets of Kool-Aid for $6! Two bags of sugar alone would have cost more than that! Also, relish was free and two boxes of Trix were $0.44 each.

I also scored a sweet $3.50 catalina to use on my next purchase (for buying 5 or more boxes of the fruit snacks) and a second catalina for $1.50 off 3 boxes of General Mills (probably from the Trix?).

I was also pleased to see that it looks like Smith's was a little bit more on top of keeping the shelves stocked than last time. This time, I only missed out on one item. The double coupon days go through June 29 so you still have some time, but who knows how long the stock will last!

No comments: