Thursday, June 3, 2010

Happy Birthday, Chris!

Chris turned 27 last Thursday but sadly, he had to work. We did make up for it with a a wonderful celebration that weekend though! My parents offered to babysit for us - a real sacrifice for them, I know ;-) - and Chris and I went to Rodizio Grill for lunch and then saw IronMan 2 in the theater. Both the lunch and the movie were fabulous.

On Sunday, we went to my parents' house for dinner, cake and presents. My dad made dinner (delicious, as always) and I made this cake. The cake was a huge hit! After dinner and cake, Chris opened his gifts:
My parents gave him a new game for our Wii and a movie theater gift card (hmmm...ulterior motive to get to babysit Averie more often? We think so :-D). I gave him some new headphones for his iPod and a crepe maker.

I am just so blessed to have Chris in my life. He is a fantastic husband and an even more wonderful father. Love you!

1 comment:

Megan said...

That is the best cake ever! Pattie, my step mom, who coincidentally is from Utah, introduced this to us when she moved in, it's been a staple ever since! When she first started making it my little brother was still kind of young so it adopted the name "better than donkey kong cake" in our house ;)