Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Getting Healthy

Ever since we started feeding Averie solid foods, we have been committed to making sure she eats better than us so that she gets off on the right (healthy) foot. She got all organic baby food, lots of fruits and veggies and lean meats. It's no secret that Chris and I have more than a few extra pounds and we didn't want Averie to struggle with weight the way we have.

Recently, we've found the motivation to get our weight under control. We've cut back calories and started exercising more. The calorie cutback hasn't been as hard as I would have thought - I was envisioning days of counting the minutes until the next mealtime, but really, I am surprised at how much I get to eat for so few calories!

Just since last week, I've lost 3 pounds and Chris has lost 4. I plan on sharing some of our favorite new, healthy recipes as we go!

2 comments:

Megan said...

I'm inspired by you! Since loosing the initial baby weight after coming home from the hospital, the last 25 lbs hasn't budged. I haven't helped though... we did WW successfully before I got pregnant, then I just took Josh down hill with me. We haven't been able to get motivated again to fully commit. Looking at it from the perspective of getting Jack off to the right start totally changes my outlook! I hope to get on track soon! I look forward to seeing your journey and hopefully swapping some yummy recipes!

Liz Wilcken said...

Good for y'all! And your pizza recipe is making me hungry.