Sunday, September 18, 2011

New Toy!

I have wanted a DSLR camera for years, but we had a perfectly good point-and-shoot and other expenses always took priority (rightly so, but still).  When I opened the box last night and saw the camera, "blown away" doesn't even begin to describe my excitement!  How Chris managed to keep it from me I guess I'll never know -- I am terrible at waiting for surprises.  
It’s a Canon Rebel T3, which is a fairly entry-level camera, but that’s perfect for me since, well, I am entry-level at shooting with a DSLR.  

Even better, Chris also got me photography lessons so I can learn all the ins and outs and features of my awesome new camera.  I’m glad Averie loves the camera because I have a feeling she is going to be my favorite subject! 

(Chris' gift was much less exciting than mine -- a new fog light assembly for our SUV, since ours was broken when we hit a dog running into the street a few years ago.  Chris was still very excited though, so that's all that matters!). 

No comments: