Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pregnancy Post: Feelin' It

Up until our anniversary last month, pregnancy had been pretty good to me.  Of course I’m exhausted, but y’know, I’ve been exhausted for the past 10 months so I don’t know how much of that I can actually blame on the pregnancy and how much is the MS.

And I thought I’d escaped morning all-day sickness until it reared its ugly head at almost 10 weeks along when Chris and I were supposed to be enjoying a romantic anniversary dinner!  We ended up eating salads from the grocery store deli at 8:30 PM in the living room with Averie running circles around us.  Which is just not quite the same as the candlelit table and bacon-wrapped filet I was planning on…

The hardest part of being nauseous was that I still had diapers to change.  Chris changed all the diapers for me when he was home, but that still left usually three for me to change while he was at work.  An empty trash can by the changing table -- just in case! -- was enough reassurance to get me through those really vile diapers :).

And just when I think it’s fiiinally tapering off (like last night), the dry heaves return with a vengeance and I’m running to the medicine cabinet for a Zofran -- my beautiful, beautiful miracle drug.  All of the nausea does make me wonder if it’s a boy this time since the all-day sickness I had with Averie was much more mild and didn’t last nearly as long.  We shall see!

Everything else has been pretty normal and I am noticing a return in my energy levels now that I’ve entered the second trimester.  Hopefully, productivity is in my future!

No comments: