Thursday, October 6, 2011

Guess Whoo Has a Secret?


I'm going to be a big sister!
Chris and I had been talking about expanding our family for a few months and in July, we decided the timing was right to try for a sibling for Averie.  I am so grateful that we were blessed right away with the opportunity to bring another life into this world.  If it had not happened that month, I would have started treatment for my MS immediately after confirming the diagnosis, and our children would have been spaced much further apart than we wanted them. 

I am due April 16, 2012 and am 12 weeks, 3 days along today.  We got to see our little one last week and everything looks perfect.  He/she is already measuring a few days ahead, so I guess I just bake long babies (I’m 100% positive on my dates), since Averie has also always been in at least the 90th percentile for length.  

I have an anterior placenta -- again! boo! -- which means I probably won’t get to feel much movement for a little longer (but it does mean more ultrasounds -- yay! -- because it’s more difficult to find the heartbeat through the extra tissue with the regular doppler). 

We are just SO excited for this addition to our family.  Seeing those two lines was a bright spot in an otherwise dark year and I am looking forward to meeting our new little one.

Side note: I’m thinking of a “series” here so the blog won’t be all pregnancy all the time for the next 6ish months.  Maybe just a post each month of what I’m experiencing at that time, anything exciting that happened, thoughts, etc.  Stay tuned! 

Did you check out her "fangs" in the first picture?  She gets those super-sharp canines from her daddy!

3 comments:

The Traveling Tuxedo said...

Congratulations! When should we start guessing as to the gender?

ChrisPoll said...

You are welcome to start speculating anytime! We should find out at the very beginning of December.

John & Britta said...

Congrats!!!