Thursday, November 17, 2011

FINALLY!!!!

Since we did the big girl bed move, Averie has been sleeping SO much less.  Too little.  From day one, that girl has loved her sleep more than life itself and she has always required more than most kids I know.  For as long as I can remember, Averie has slept 9 PM to 8:30-9 AM and then taken a 2 (sometimes up to 3) hour nap mid-day.  But since Saturday, the latest she's slept was 7 AM and we were only getting 1 hour naps -- on the floor, to boot! 

I'll admit -- I was ready to give up.  Maybe we should just put the crib rail back on.  We'll try again in a few months.  She's not herself anymore.  She cries or whines ALL. The. Time.  Her binky, that she used to happily surrender when she woke up, was a permanent fixture in her mouth.  Her appetite was nearly nonexistent.  I was at the end of my rope.  

Then yesterday, a spot of hope -- she stayed in the bed for her nap!  Still only slept for an hour, but it was something.

And then this morning, as I type this post, I'm just seeing her start to stir and it's past 9 AM.  Halle-freakin'-lujah!!!!  I'm sure I've jinxed it and tonight, she'll cry for an hour, wake us up every 15 minutes and only sleep until 7, but now that I know that she CAN sleep until a normal time (for her) in the bed, I have renewed energy to keep this up! 

1 comment:

althnmore said...

good job averie!!!!! Thank goodness mama! I"m happy your getting more rest also with a new one on the way you need to keep yourself healthy girl. I worry about your health and you keeping yourself well rested and not stressed stay strong your in my prayers always