Monday, December 12, 2011

Averie Mish-Mash

There have been a bunch of little things happening over the last couple months but nothing really deserving of its own post and so we have: mish-mash. 

Averie seems to be talking more lately.  It makes me feel like we’re on the edge of a breakthrough!  We still need to have her re-evaluated by the early intervention place so we can get her enrolled in some speech therapy and I think that will really help her take off.  However, she does say “boom” (random, but so cute!), “neh” (no) and when she wants some of what you’re eating, she will come up with a pitiful look on her face and say “num num?” 

She can point out all the zoo, farm and house animals (dog, cat, etc.) in her books when we ask for them by name.  

She recognizes quite a few letters by sight (and can pick them out when asked, like the animals) and we are working on numbers and colors now. 

She loves to sing!  Of course her singing is just with babble like “ba” and “la”, but she keeps to the tune.  She also loves her xylophone, keyboard and sitting at the big piano with Daddy.

I think her favorite toy in the world is the trampoline she got for her birthday (thanks, Grandma and Grandpa!).  She could bounce for hours and -- bonus! -- it gets out some of that excess 2-year-old energy!  

We took her to the Little Gym in Orem for some classes I bought on a discount through Groupon.  She LOVED them and is quite the little gymnast, so we will be signing her up after the holidays.  Another good way to expend some of that energy!

She knows how to pray -- folds her arms, bows her head (and stays quiet!) during prayers.   

She has been in her toddler bed for a month now and doing fantastic!  Once we made it through those first five days, she started going down just as easily as she ever did and is staying in her bed until her previous, normal wake time, as well as taking a full nap in bed.  

She LOVES taking care of her baby doll.  She’s had it for several months and always enjoyed playing with it, but her play with it is expanding – she feeds it baby food now, rocks it then lays it down to sleep and takes it for trips around the house in her doll stroller.  I think she is going to be a good little helper in a few months :-). 

As our time with just Averie winds down, I am a little sad at the idea of not having as much time together, just the two of us.  Yesterday, I had a quiet moment to just watch her play and be her silly self, then we had a babbly conversation together and she went from me to Chris to me again for cuddles all day long.  It was the perfect day.  Then I think of how much I love Averie and how much I'll love (how much I DO love) our baby boy and I think it can't get much better than having two sweet little ones. 

1 comment:

althnmore said...

Oh my she is growing so fast! That's funny she says "num num" that's what topher does when he wants what we are eating also or a treat. I'm so excited for your little boy! We got your Christmas card it was so sweet of you guys to send us one! I'm so happy you guys are doing well :) We do miss you guys