Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I know, I know

I know I said I wasn't going to make this a coupon blog but there's nothing of note to post about Averie or our lives and I love sharing the good deals with my readers! This deal just started today but when I was at Smith's, the cereal was going fast so you might want to hurry. There was one lady that I'm sure had at least 50 boxes in her cart (Smith's was well-stocked though and had more to put out).

There's an awesome deal going on at Smith's that allowed me to get all this for $7.63 (ignore the mess in the background, lol):
Smith's has Quaker cereals 5 for $5. It includes Life cereal, some oatmeals and all varieties of Cap'n Crunch. There's a $3 off 5 Quaker cereals in the ads at Associated Food stores - Macey's, Ridley's, etc. This is a manufacturer's coupon so you can use it anywhere. Also, buying 3 packages of the Betty Crocker potatoes produces a $3 catalina.

Transaction 1 (you can only do 5 boxes at a time apparently so you'll have to do 2 transactions)
5 boxes of Life cereal - $1 each
3 boxes of Betty Crocker potatoes - $1.99 each
- $3 manufacturer coupon
- $1.00 off 2 BC potatoes (peelie on box)
- $0.40 off 1 BC potatoes (Coupons.com)
= $6.57 (plus tax) and then you get a $3 catalina

Transaction 2
5 boxes of Cap'n Crunch - $1 each
2 Sobe drinks - $2.98 ($1.49 each)
- $3 manufacturer coupon
- $1.49 Sobe drink BOGO catalina (someone left a crumpled up one at the register - finders keepers!)
- $3 catalina
= $0.49 (plus tax)

You'll see on the second transaction that you have to get a filler item so you don't go into the negative since your coupons will take off more than the transaction total otherwise.

So I've got 10 boxes of cereal, 3 boxes of Betty Crocker potatoes (each box contains 2 pouches) and 2 drinks for a little over $7!! It actually would have been less than $5 total but Smith's was out of the individual pouches so I had to purchase the more expensive boxes. If your Smith's has the pouches, they are $0.84 each, instead of $1.99 each.

Thanks to Sarah for the cereal deal and Melea at Freebies 2 Deals for mapping this one out!

No comments: