Thursday, August 4, 2011

Count your...trials?

Yes, I know it's supposed to be count your blessings, but after this week, the only thing I can count is trials.  So this post is full of negativity and sadness, so feel free to skip if you don't feel like reading!

A recap of what we've been through together:
Jul 2004 – Chris and Meghan unemployed
Sep 2004 – Roof tile at apartment complex falls on our car the day before our wedding; apartment owner will not pay for damage
Apr 2005 – Chris’ mysterious illness starts
Sep 2005 – Move in with Meghan's parents
Feb 2006 – Move out due to conflict with sibling
Jun 2006 – Meghan gets mono
Jan 2007 – Chris' knee surgery not covered despite pre-authorization
Jan 2007 – Chris’ dad dies suddenly
May 2007 – Meghan’s job goes bankrupt, unemployed for 1 month
Jun 2007 – Meghan works for crazy bipolar lady
Oct 2007 – Chris laid off from NACT, unemployed for 3 months
Jul 2008 – Chris diagnosed after 3 years, has gallbladder removed
Jun 2009 – Chris gets “reckless driving” ticket (the situation surrounding this is truly ridiculous and very long to explain, but suffice it to say, this ticket is completely unfounded); insurance rates go through the roof
Jul 2009 – Chris has carpal tunnel relief surgery
Jun 2010 – Car accident (not at fault), Meghan injured
Aug 2010 – Chris fired from Convergys
Dec 2010 – Meghan’s hand/feet numbness starts
Jun 2011 – Chris gets a job with 10% pay cut (but promised overtime makes up for it)
Jul 2011 – Averie has a speech delay
Aug 2011 – Overtime is cut 

Aug 2011 – To Be Announced (I am not ready to post about this yet)
Aug 2011 – Chris hit by uninsured driver
Aug 2011 – Move in with Meghan's parents - Round 2

This is not a competition but I have never met a single soul (of course there are Biblical figures, but I'm referring just to people we have met in everyday life) who has been through what we have.  I guess Chris and I are blessed that we have weathered every one of these trials, together, and we will continue to do so for the next one, ten or fifty, but if anyone out there (or up there) is listening, a break would be nice!

I try to remember that Chris and I must be destined for great things in life for the adversary to test us nonstop as he does, but it has been very difficult to convince myself of that today!   

Maybe I will try counting blessings again tomorrow.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Oh friend. My heart goes out to you. Sometimes, there are days you just can't count blessings. It doesn't mean that you don't know they are there or that you aren't grateful for the things you do have... but sometimes, it just SUCKS.... and I'd say you get to pull that card today!! I have someone in my life that always says "this too shall pass" and when she says it, I want to smash her face into a sharp object, but she's always right. And you are right you are destined for great things.. and maybe all this mess is just to make sure its crystal clear to you when those great things decide to arrive. Hang in there, I know you are both strong enough to pull thru!!!