Thursday, August 4, 2011

Quotations

I feel like my life has been one rollercoaster after another (see below post) that can be summed up by these two quotations (second one contains swear words, if you are sensitive to that).

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." 
--Mother Teresa
 
"I've worked like hell, worked others like hell, have got drunk and got others drunk*, lost all I had, and now because I won't spend or lend what little I earn, beg, borrow, or steal, I've been cussed, discussed, boycotted, talked to, talked about, lied to, lied about, worked over, pushed under, robbed, and damn near ruined. The only reason I'm sticking around now is to see WHAT THE HELL IS NEXT."    
--William Least Heat-Moon, Blue Highways: A Journey into America
 
*Disclaimer: Never actually been drunk or gotten someone else drunk ;-)

1 comment:

Amber Madsen said...

Life is HARD!!!!! Sometimes we just need to VENT!!!! Hope things get better for ALL 3 of you!!! (ps, I know Chris from High School)