Monday, December 31, 2012

Stay-cation -- Living Planet Aquarium


We visited the fair on Thursday and frankly, Chris and I were still worn out on Friday morning but Averie had been asking to go (by making her "fishy face") since we had mentioned it and at this point, it had been so long since some solid family time with all of us that we didn't want to let her down.
We made it all in one piece after significant consumption of caffeine (by the adults; our kids did not need any help in the energy department).  

Averie, at the time, was doing this adorable (can you feel the sarcasm?) scrunched face, half-winking, gritted teeth smile in all her pictures. 

Some sort of baby shark.  I think.  *makes note to not wait 3 months to put up pictures again*

I thought this one looked like a wrinkled old man!

She just stared at all these fish for the longest time!

I found Nemo and Gil!

More sharks.  Averie runs up to the window to see and I say "Oh, those are called sharks!"  Not in an ominous voice or anything, but she runs away screaming.  She's a character.

She was fascinated by the penguins.

Not so interested in Mommy wanting to compare her to a penguin.  Spoilsport!














 
Blue frogs.  I'm pretty sure they're poisonous and don't they just kind of LOOK like bad news?  I mean, that color is NOT natural.  And let me tell you -- I know all about natural color.  *covers roots*








More big fish.
 

Alligators.  This prompted more running-screaming. 

Now this.  This.  Shrieks and covers pictures of snakes in books with her hands.  Separated only by glass from this real-life anaconda, no problem.  

After this, we took a lunch break.  Salt City Burger, yum!  We hurried back so we could make it to the Animal Encounter.  This is another poisonous little fellow -- Averie tried to pet it.   

Averie was probably thinking this salmon has got it easy.  I bet that salmon's parents didn't say it couldn't have more french fries. *pout*

Otters!

This mom was small enough to crawl up into the viewing area with her own little girl to see the otters and was nice enough to help Averie see them up close, too. 

The camera was dying quickly so this was the last fish picture I snapped.  Trout, I think.

Souvenir!  

No comments: