Monday, February 22, 2010

Swagbucks

My cousin asked me a little while ago about Swagbucks (love you, Liz!) and since I recently exchanged my bucks, I thought I'd share. Swagbucks is basically just a search engine that uses Google to get its search results so I use it instead of Google for all my searches. I don't get a buck every time but I get at least a couple a day. I earned a bunch of Swagbucks in a short time by completing a couple special offers through their website (one was an auto insurance quote since we were shopping anyway, two others were free trials that I cancelled/will cancel before anything is charged). You can also earn them by shopping on websites you'd buy from anyway but just clicking through Swagbucks instead (for example, I just bought some clothes from Children's Place for Averie and earned a buck for every $5 I spent there by going to Children's Place's website through Swagbucks first).

I earned 225 Swagbucks in just a couple months and over the weekend, I redeemed them for $25 worth of Amazon gift cards (which is why I only have 1 buck now). I'm hoping to accumulate a bunch more over the year and be able to use all those Amazon cards for Christmas this year.

So that's it, basically. If you want to sign up, it's totally 100% free. If you click on Sign Up through the little widget at the top of my blog, then I also get a buck each time you get one for searching. The site itself does not send spam or sell your e-mail address but I did create a free junk e-mail address that I can use for the special offer related e-mail.

1 comment:

Liz Wilcken said...

Love you too, Meggy! Thanks for the info on here, and the comments. Love Averie's laugh!