Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Happy Birthday!

We celebrated my 26th birthday this past weekend (actual birthday was on Monday). On Sunday, we went to my parents' house for dinner, some gift opening and a birthday cheesecake, courtesy of my dad. My parents gave me some gift cards to restaurants and the movies so we can enjoy a date night (which I'm sure is also an ulterior motive for them to get to babysit Averie). Chris gave me a couple of DVDs and some new tennis shoes since I trashed mine in the rain last year. And Averie "gave" me the baby carrier I've had my eye on. How kind of her to gift me with something that benefits her too! :)




On Monday, Chris took some vacation time and I got to sleep in. We spent quite a bit of the day just running errands but since those are things I usually do alone, it was nice to have some company. Mostly, I just enjoyed spending the day with my husband. Between his work and school and me going to school, we don't get much time together. That night, we dropped Averie off at Grandma and Grandpa's and went to dinner. We went to a restaurant in Sandy called Tiburon where Chris had elk, and I had a kobe beef steak. Everything was so delicious and it was a great end to the day.
I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful family and I am looking forward to spending many more birthdays with them!

1 comment:

Liz Wilcken said...

Happy boofday, Meggy! My parents like to give "selfish" gifts too ;)